Christmas Cookies Baking

Back to Article
Back to Article

Christmas Cookies Baking

For the last three years, I have been giving out little baggies of Christmas cookies to my friends and teachers. This year, Tori joined me in baking these cookies for all our friends.

We made around 120 cookies on Saturday, December 16th. It took around 6 hours to bake and decorate all those cookies. We made two batches of gingerbread cookies, peanut butter blossoms and peppermint meltaways. The recipes will be linked below.

We started with the gingerbread dough because it had to be refrigerated. As that dough was refrigerating, we made the peppermint meltaways dough and placed that in the fridge as well. The peanut butter blossoms were made and baked right away. The peanut butter blossoms are the simplest cookies as they require no refrigeration and minimal decoration, and they are always very popular.

After about an hour break, we baked the peppermint meltaways. As they baked, we made the peppermint frosting for those cookies. Then, we began cutting out the gingerbread cookies. As those baked, we piped the frosting on the peppermint meltaways and placed crushed candy canes on top.  

It was almost 11pm when we began making the royal icing for the gingerbread. We dyed our frosting red (came out pink though) and piped little faces and clothes on all 40 gingerbread!

By midnight, it was time for clean up, the worst part. 0/10 would not recommend. I would recommend having your mother (or father (feminist lens)) help wash the dishes.

We packaged up the cookies and delivered them to our friends. The surprised and thankful reactions of our friends and favorite teachers  made it all worth it as cheesy as that sounds.

Happy Holidays from News Crew!

Quotes about Our Cookies:

“I liked the peppermint one. It tasted good in my mouth,” said local artist Patrick J. Schultz.

“I had a peanut butter blossom and it was the perfect consistency, chewy and moist. Those are my favorites!” said the lovely Mrs. Kari Berg.

“This stuff was fire,” said Brielle Clarke pointing to the peanut butter blossom.

It [the gingerbread being] warmed my palate like a candle-lit window in the middle of a wintery wonderland.” Mr. Matthew Severns had much to say about each cookie, which was greatly appreciated by the bakers. “The peanut butter blossom was as flowery as its name provides. The cookie part was delicate but full, like a springtime marigold,” he said in a vibrantly worded email.

Recipe Links

Gingerbread: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gingerbread-cookies-101-recipe-1963337

Peppermint Meltaways: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/peppermint-meltaways

Peanut Butter Blossoms: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/peanut-butter-blossoms-cookie-exchange-quantity/78806839-e0bd-4710-8b10-82abbece7ce5

Tori Wensloff, Author

Hi! My name is Tori and I'm a senior here at Coon Rapids High School. I play golf (CRGG 4 Life) and I am the Vice President for our National Honor Society....

Megan Spielbauer, Author

Bonjour mes amis! My name is Megan Spielbauer and I'm a senior here at Coon Rapids High School. I play tennis and golf (CRGG 4 Life) for the school. My...